This Clean Eating Cream of Cauliflower Soup is so smooth and comforting, and yes, of course, CREAMY… but I’ll let you in on a little secret that no one would ever guess – it has NO cream in it. So, to be technical, its Cream of Cauliflower soup without the cream. And that’s what helps make it “clean”. We’ve managed to remove the fat and dairy and still get that creamy goodness. This is where clean eating really gets exciting – when you can take a great tasting recipe, use your smarts to strip out all the stuff that’s just not good for us, and still end up with a great tasting recipe! A much improved recipe, because its so much more healthy.
- 1 celery rib, with extra leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 small onion (white)
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 6 cups organic chicken or vegetable broth (more if necessary)
- Juice of half a lemon (1 tbsp)
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and broken into florets
- Curry powder to taste (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat 2 tbsp broth in large pot. Add onion and celery and saute until softened, 10 minutes; add garlic during the last 5 minutes.
Add the remaining broth, lemon juice, curry powder (if desired) and cauliflower florets. Bring the heat to high and bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer, until the cauliflower is very tender. Cool slightly.
Place all ingredients in blender (or food processor) and puree until very smooth. Season with sea salt (optional), pepper and Cayenne pepper (go easy on the cayenne – remember its SPICEY! ;).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.